Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Double Berry Truffle!

Yes, I love all kind of berries - Strawberry, Cranberry, Blueberry, Raspberry etc. My "Double berry Truffle" has dried cranberry and blueberry. I love these little tangy bites in my truffle. I know a few people like their truffles to be clean, just pure chocolate, but for me, I love the combination of chocolate and berries.

Ingredients -

Dark Chocolate & Milk Chocolate - 50 gms each
Heavy cream- 40 gms
Salted butter- 10 gms
Blueberry essence - few drops ( I use LorAnn oils )
Dried Blueberry n Cranberry - 25 gms
little rum/ warm water
Coating of your choice


Recipe -

  1. Pour water onto your berries and leave it for 10 mins. Take them out and dry them on a paper towel.
  2. I use Berry callebaut coverture for my truffles. I have taken an equal amount of dark and milk chocolate for this recipe. You can adjust the ratio of dark and milk chocolate as per your taste preferences.
  3. Bring your cream and butter to simmer and pour it over chocolate.
  4. I have used salted butter for this recipe, since I like the taste of chocolate with a little salt. It can also be replaced by unsalted butter.
  5. Stir cream and chocolate until chocolate is completely melted.
  6. Add few drops of blueberry essence into it.
  7. Add berries to this mixture, cover the bowl with cling film and refrigerate it for 6-8hrs.
  8. Once the mixture is completely cooled and can be rolled into balls, make balls out of this mixture.
  9. You can dip these truffles in chocolate or roll them in a coating of your choice. Decorate them with berries and eat them to your heart content.
  10. Store these truffles in fridze in an air tight container and serve them at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment