The green tea that I have used in my recipe is " Tetley green tea" . You can replace it with any tea of your choice. I think the ideal green tea to be used, for this recipe would be " Japanese matcha" which is a Japanese green tea and is used in cakes and other kind of desserts. I still have to lay my hands on this product as it is rarely available in India. Also I have used white chocolate in my recipe, since I wanted to balance the sweetness of chocolate with the bitterness of green tea.
Ingredients for Truffle-
White chocolate - 200 gm
Cream - 100 gm
Green tea bags ( tetley) - 4-5
Coating of your choice- colored chocolate vermicelli
- Bring your cream just to boil, in a medium sauce pan, over medium heat. Add Green tea to cream and let it simmer for 2 mins.
- Take this mixture off heat and let it sit for a while. This will let cream absorb green tea flavor.
- Take a sieve and pass this mixture through it. It will separate green tea particles from cream and leave a creamy potion to be used for chocolate.
- Heat this cream again over medium flame and pour it over white chocolate, in a heat proof bowl.
- Stir this mixture till your chocolate is smooth.
- Cover this bowl with a cling film and keep it in fridge for the chocolate to be firm. The mixture should be very cold and set.
- Use a spoon or melon baller to scoop balls of chocolate mixture and transfer them on a parchment paper
- Use your hands, to quickly shape them into rough round. Remember, if you use too much of hand contact, your chocolate will melt due to body heat.
- Roll these balls into a coating of your choice.
- Store them in a fridge, in air tight container for upto 2 weeks.