Recently someone asked me to post my favorite recipes here. I have many, but this one came out exceptionally well. The best part was, my kiddo loved it. He is fussy, when it come to food and seeing him liking it, was worth all the efforts. OK, so peanuts are rich in energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals and vitamins, which are essential.
In my recipe, I have made peanut butter at home. If you want you can buy it from grocery store. I believe there are many brands available in India like skippy and fabindia . Here is my recipe-
For peanut butter balls -
Peanuts - 250 gms
Fine sugar - 150 gms
vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
Tempered chocolate of your choice - 200 gms
chocolate sprinkles or any other coating of choice
Yield - 10-12 truffles
- Dry roast your peanuts on a medium flame.
- Let them cool and remove the shell.
- Put them in a food processor and grind them to your desired consistency. Add little oil in between and process again, until the mixture is smooth.
- You can also add a little salt at this point, if you want to keep this butter for other purpose. You can store this butter in an air tight container in fridge.
- For chocolate truffle, take out the mixture from processor, and leave it at room temperature for 10 mins.
- Now add fine sugar to this mixture and make small balls of it.
- keep it in fridge for 5 mins, to let it set.
- Take out the balls and dip them in tempered chocolate or roll them in a coating of your choice. I think tempered chocolate is a good choice, since, when you bite into this truffle, the hardness of chocolate shell and the softness of peanut butter gives a very nice texture to these truffles.